Tuesday, December 13, 2011

classic {weekend}

Well how are ya'll doing (I just got back from hanging out with half the state of Texas). This weekend was jam packed full of cowboys, rodeo, route 66, family and finally getting to meet up with a blogger friend. My husband & I left to go to Las Vegas on Sat. morning to meet up with the in-laws for the annual super bowl of all rodeos. For some reason nobody ever believes me when I tell them that I go to the National Finals Rodeo every December and they especially do not believe me when I tell them that I have a good time. Ok I admit it doesn't take much for me to have a good time...just imagine all of the prospects that come with people watching at such an event.

Photobucket

Hands down one of the highlights of the weekend was that I finally got to meet my pal Angela from The Painted House. When I found out that she was flying all of the way from Georgia to be in Las Vegas the same weekend...there was no way I would miss an opportunity to meet and see her beautiful face in person....even if it were at midnight. It was kind of surreal..probably due to the fact that it was late and we had weird servers that came to our table that really weren't our servers but were male patrons who happened to be dining at the next table over just pretending to be our server. There is so much strangeness in Las Vegas.

Speaking of strangeness I predict bolo ties to be the next BIG thing...You better go out and get yours now before they bolo away. Seriously though after I saw the below picture I was kind of wondering if we'd start to see a resurgence.

Photobucket
{above photo via here}

Let us get back to something a little more classic now...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Next bathroom redo I am using something of the above sorts..I think black and white basket weave tile is so classic and stylish.

Every time I think I am going to recover my green chairs or do something new I will see pictures like the below that cause me to think again...

Michael Hainey told the Selby that editors can teach bloggers the importance of reporting. I am here to report that I am going to keep the green chairs and many of the black, white and cognac around my home. My husband will be so proud of me. See I am a great reporter of things.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
{above photos via the Selby}

How are all of you?

7 comments:

My Interior Life said...

Oh, I so wish I could've met up with you and Angela in Las Vegas! I met Angela once in Atlanta, and she is just as sweet (if not sweeter) in person as she is on her blog! Not sure about the bolo ties but I love the black and white basketweave tile. And that home in The Selby is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, now I have seen the report of your Impossibly Stylish Meetup in Vegas on her blog *and* yours! You all are just too cute.

P.S. I need your address...Minted Christmas card giveaway and all...

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I love meeting blogger friends in real life! and how cool is your dad (below) that makes my heart happy

angela hardison said...

a few things:

- i hope you dress in full cowboy getup at that rodeo.
- hooray for meeting blog friends.
- bolo ties are pretty neat.
- i love those selby images.
- you are really good at reporting & making me laugh.

angela | the painted house said...

It's as if it were a dream! Not sure if meeting late at night is the best time to meet me for the first time in person--but so happy you made it by! And I totally forgot about those wise guys...like a dork I asked him if the apple and fennel salad came with greens! I guess when a dude dresses like a waiter, he can pull off the scam, ha!

So fun to meet a blog friend and gorgeous style icon. :)

Next time it's in Atlanta in the daytime!

Unkonwn said...

تعتبر صناعة تصنيع العبوات البلاستيكية من الصناعات الحيوية في العالم، حيث تقوم العديد من الشركات المتخصصة في هذا المجال بتصنيع وتوزيع العبوات البلاستيكية لمختلف القطاعات الصناعية. تتميز شركات تصنيع العبوات البلاستيكية بتقديم عبوات بلاستيكية مصنوعة من مواد عالية الجودة ومتينة ومقاومة للتلف، وتوفر مجموعة واسعة من الأحجام والأشكال المختلفة لتلبية احتياجات العملاء

Unkonwn said...

تعد صناعة أحذية سيفتى أمرًا بغاية الأهمية في العديد من القطاعات، مثل البناء والتصنيع والتعدين والعديد من الصناعات الأخرى. ومن المهم جدًا أن تكون هذه الأحذية عالية الجودة للحفاظ على سلامة العاملين. مصنع ناسكوتريد يعتبر واحدًا من الرواد في تصنيع أحذية سيفتي عالية الجودة في مصر والشرق الأوسط.