Sunday, August 17, 2008

Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be comboys

A very long time ago back in '97 before I was married, somebody asked me to go on a date to the Payson rodeo. I "accidentally" didn't go with him. Well fast forward 11years and this same guy finally got his date except this time 5 little rodeo clowns tagged along. When I saw the movie Sweet Home Alabama I really could relate. Small town redneck boy and big city girl. Except the girl realizes she does have some small town ways in her heart. I guess I too have some small town in my heart. Does liking Dwight Yoakam or having 2 friends that were NFR rodeo queens count? Anyway, Payson boasts the oldest continual rodeo. This was the first time I'd been back to Payson in 12 years. I think the trees shrunk. The kids had fun. It wouldn't have been as fun without all the others who cames along. Honorable mention to Kelly, Hope & Mary who took turns wrestling our kids.










6 comments:

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

So fun! What a great place to let your kids be kids. I bet they hada blast.

Annie said...

what fun!!! Yahoo for the rodeo!!

Debbie said...

ok so that last post was me, not Annie. I forgot to check to see who was logged in last.

Annie said...

Mom seriously, come on! I know you want to be me, but that's pathetic to start in the blogging world. It would be much more effective to start with the physical transformation. Here's a suggestion to get you started:

1.) Don't take a shower, do your hair or get ready anymore. I promise, you'll start looking more like me every day with just this one tip. :)

P.S. Christina: Thanks for inviting us to the Rodeo with you. We loved it. Drew was mad that we went without him. I'll let you take that one up with him okay.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. Perfect pictures you took too. You're family is beautiful. I hope I can meet them all someday.

sherry said...

The Payson Rodeo is a lot of fun. My husband is from Payson, and I used to think I would love living in a small town. I think it was from reading too many books and watching too many movies set in small towns. When we got married, we lived in Payson for three years. Trust me, it is a lot of fun to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there!;)